Description: Workspace based Digital Signature workflow. An XDP file is pulled from the repository, rendered, Reader Extended and presented to two users for fill and sign. Note: When using Reader 9, this tasty treat is yellow triangle free!
- 1 xdp template
- 1 custom render service
- 1 Reader Extensions credential
- 1 DocumentForm variable
- 1 Task Manager Endpoint
Here is a video showing an overview of the process as well as the final application – Watch a video of the workflow
Collateral – LiveCycle Archive (.lca) and installation instructions:
- When designing your form in Adobe LiveCycle Designer, avoid using the standard process fields when targeting Digital Signature workflows. Instead, use a basic submit button, and set the submit type to PDF. An additional requirement is to make the submit button invisible at design time; This will result in a yellow triangle free workflow when targeting Adobe Reader 9.
- Instead of using an XFAform variable, use a DocumentForm variable; A DocumentForm variable is used when you want to pass a PDF document around a workflow and maintain a persistent state, as opposed to passing around an XDP file and rendering the form for each user. When using a DocumentForm variable the render only occurs once, at the beginning of the workflow.
- When targeting Adobe Reader as a client with this particular workflow, you must Reader Extend the form and grant the following Usage Rights: Basic form fill-in and Digital signatures. The Apply Usage Rights activity should be added as the last step in the render process.
- When working with XDP templates and Reader Extensions, in your render service, modify the Render to PDF form activity, so that the Render At Client option is set to No, otherwise the Usage Rights will be invalidated for subsequent users.